As part of an improvement process, a new user interface has been implemented throughout parts of Prime Suite. This interface changes and upgrades alot on the back end of the software and will lead to greater functionality in the future. Some Screens/Modules will be upgraded and others will remain in the classic view. This will be effective on 1/11/22
We may encounter some functionality differences between the Classic and Modernized features. These issues are caused by the differences between the old and new technologies
Once the Upgraded It will be crucial that you verify the patient once you switch to the Patient Chart from either the Visit Information: Check-In or the Patient Information screens.
EXAMPLE: Going from the registration screen or the patient list screen (the “Home Screen” that shows patients checked-in by highlighting them) to Patient Chart – may result in pulling the previous patient’s chart you were in, instead of the current patient in buffer
Notice the name of the patient on the registration screen is “Smith”
When going into the Patient Chart – it pulls the last patient chart you were in.
Pt Chart: Miguel Contreres
If you encounter this issue and the patient has changed, be sure to open the appropriate patient chart.
Workflow for Signing Unsigned Documents Updated
The process to sign unsigned documents from both the Clinician Desktop (a modernized page) and the Patient Chart (a Classic page). However, the workflow for each differs slightly, with the traditional method being available through the Patient Chart. The Clinician Desktop requires an extra step.
Note – The Sign and Next button was removed from the Sign Note page in both Classic and modernized views. This feature is expected to be re-introduced in the next update.
- From the Chart menu, select Patient Charts.
- From the Actions sidebar, select Open Unsigned Documents. The Unsigned Documents pop-up opens.
- Select the appropriate unsigned items category from the pop-up’s sidebar.
- Open the note from the list by selecting the Note icon . This opens the Sign Note pop-up. 5. In the pop-up, select Sign Note. Enter the password (if required).
Signing Unsigned Documents from a Modernized Page
- In the Clinician Desktop, under Unsigned Docs in the Actions side bar, select Orders Note, Progress Note, or Unsigned Results.
- Open the note from the list by selecting the Note icon . This opens the Sign Note pop-up.
- In the pop-up, select Sign Note. Enter the password (if required). The pop-up closes.
- On the Notes list, select the Global Refresh icon to remove the signed note from the list. Note – The note will not be removed from the list until the screen is refreshed. Best Practice – Select the Global Refresh icon after signing a note.