Healthcare personnel continue to be on the front line of the nation’s fight against this deadly pandemic. Healthcare personnel’s race and ethnicity, underlying health conditions, occupation type, and job setting can contribute to their risk of acquiring COVID-19 and experiencing severe outcomes. We strongly encourage all of our employees and providers without medical contraindications to receive the COVID-19 vaccine in group 1a. The CDC recommends healthcare personnel be among those offered the first doses of COVID-19 vaccines: The Importance of COVID-19 Vaccination for Healthcare Personnel
CDC data show that almost 30% of people hospitalized with COVID-19 need intensive care. As of 1/11/21, there have been over 22 million reported cases and that number is rising by almost 2 million each week. (View Real-time COVID Data)
How to Get Vaccinated
Vaccine Distribution currently is allocated for those persons in Phase 1a, which include healthcare personnel and all Adults 65 and older. If you would like to receive the vaccine for COVID-19, as a high-risk healthcare worker, please follow the link below. You will be required to provide your sponsoring physician’s National Provider Identification number to schedule. Please see a GAWHC healthcare provider to obtain that information
Once scheduled please see Mr. Vincent Williams for your Essential Healthcare Worker Verification letter.
NOTE: New appointment times and locations will be opening each week. Appointment times are limited to make sure we have the correct amount of vaccine and staff on site. If there are no current appointments available, please check back to the website often for new appointment availability each week.
What to expect:
- Arrival – Please arrive at the START of your scheduled appointment time.
- Identification Needed – Please bring proof of your Phase 1A qualification via a letter from your employer stating your position and title. You will also need a state-issued ID (e.g., driver’s license).
- Insurance Card – Please bring your insurance card, if you have insurance.
- Parking – If your appointment is at the Mercedes Benz Stadium, we recommend the Silver Parking Deck.
- Waiting Period – You will be asked to wait for at least 15 minutes AFTER your shot to be monitored. More follow-up information will be provided to you on-site.
Please continue to remain vigilant by following PPE protocols, wearing a mask/eye protection, washing your hands and watching your distance. We know that both before and after receiving vaccine, these are the most important measures.