In Georgia early voting begins October 12 and will close October 30. There is a mandatory Saturday early voting day scheduled for October 24. Some counties may offer additional Saturday voting opportunities, but none will be open on Sundays. Check your county’s election website for details.
You have three options to vote in Georgia:
- Vote by mail (absentee voting).Due to the pandemic, all Georgians are eligible to vote via absentee ballot for the general election. To avoid potential mail delays, request your absentee ballot as soon as possible to give you plenty of time to receive your ballot via mail and then submit your completed ballot well ahead of November 3.
- You can complete the absentee ballot application and request a ballot to be mailed to your home address here.
- You can also print the application to vote via absentee ballot, fill out the application, and mail it or return it in-person to your local county election officeto request a ballot be mailed to your home address.
- Vote early in person October 12-30.Early voting dates and times vary by county. Check here to review details by county.
- Vote in person on Election Day (November 3).Find your polling place here.
Given the uncertainties and challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic, once you have determined which way you would like to vote, we recommend you strive to vote as early as possible within the allowed window of time.
- If you selected absentee voting, watch your mail at your home address for your absentee ballot. Ballots will start being mailed to all who requested them in late September.
- Once you receive your ballot, fill it out and return to your local county election office by mail or in-person.
- To avoid any potential mail delays, return your ballot in-person to your local county election office by November 3.
- Many counties, such as DeKalb, Fulton, Cobb and Gwinnett, have set up convenient drop boxes for you to return your ballot. Check your county election office to see if this option is available.
- If you mail your ballot, mail as far ahead of November 3 as feasible to ensure it is received in your local county election office before Election Day and counted.
- If you decide to vote early in person, check here to review dates, times and locations by county.
- The early voting period is October 12-30.
- If you decide to vote in person, we encourage you to vote as best meets your work and personal schedule.
- Vote in person on Election Day (November 3). Find your polling place here.
- If you vote on Election Day, you are encouraged to vote before or after your work shift so that it does not conflict with patient care or other work duties.
- Please see Mr. Vincent Williams or Dr Melvin Williams for more information in regard to GAWHC Voting Policy
GAWHC does not take sides politically or suggest employees vote in any particular manner. We respect your opinions, and as Americans and Georgians, let’s continue to value, respect and celebrate each other, and respect that our co-workers may have different viewpoints.
We appreciate all you do and thank you for your commitment to improving lives and providing hope for our patients and community.
Thank you, in advance, for exercising your right to vote.